BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Evening Parade at 8th and I

We went to see the 8th and I ceremonies with Johnny on Friday Evening (since he has to be there anyway and we get tickets). We saw the Presidents Own and Commandants Own Marine Corps Band and Drum and Bugle Corps, along with the Commandant of the Marine Corps (the highest ranking Marine) and the Marine Corps Silent Drill platoon.

The first video is of the silent drill platoon performing. They are truly amazing, if you ever have the opportunity to see them in person, I HIGHLY recommend you do!



The Marine Barracks at 8th and I


The commandants' house

The Honorable Chief John G Roberts Jr, Chief Justice of the United States


The color guard


The band


The Marine Corps mascot bulldog, "Chesty", whom Thomas and Ruby LOVE!


The drum and bugle corps


The marching platoons leaving the field for the evening

Evening colors, lowering the flag after the evening's ceremonies



My handsome husband






A few weeks ago:

Thomas found a recipe for these candied apples on the Noggin website and insisted on making it. After a couple of days of good behavior, I gave in and we made the recipe.


Mmmm... what a mess!



The above is a video of the Marine Corps Band marching across the field, but I was too far away to pick up the sound on my camera :(

0 comments: